Hello World! I’m Mr. Moritz, old enough to be curating a respectable blog/twitter account, and work as a TA for not just one, but two courses. At the time I’m striving to complete my BA in Systems Engineering and if that doesn’t work out, switch to Kitesurfing as a profession.
What’s your Twitter account?
Are you originally from Bremen? If not, what’s your story?
I hail straight from a sunny island in the middle of the Indian Ocean… jup that be Sri Lanka. I came to Bremen to learn the German culture, and boy are they delivering. But the main reason for leaving Sri Lanka was to flea the prosecution of reggae music. There is just way to much of that over there.
What do you like most about Bremen?
Umm? Does being awesome count? The past curators all mentioned sized, but size doesn’t matter, right? Well in most cases. To list a few small points, there’s a 24 hour Döner shops on the other side of the road, they’ve got indie cinemas, and above all, my childhood hero’s be representing here! The hardy animal quartet, the Town Musicians of Bremen.
What do the Werder and the Uni See have in common? If you want to grill by the water, on the beach, that’s the place to go to. Did I mention I like grilling, cause we be the first in Bremen, and maybe even the whole of Germany, to have instituted a “first snowflake” grill event each winter. That’s love to a passion isn’t it?
What’s your top 5 list of things to do in Bremen?
1. Get a burger at that burger place in the Viertel, at the Gift Crossing, opposite the Eisen, when in a non-sober state of mind.
2. Since we’re all low on cash, the pre-game (vorglühen) is at the Galileo, if you don’t mind a bunch of Spanish and people of similar provenance.
3. Fairyland a.k.a. The candy shop. When you steps in, an atmosphere of warmth, sugary flavors, and happiness overpowers ones senses.
4. Check out those Town Musicians of Bremen
5. I got to give you guys a reason to follow my tweets, don’t I?